• The website will be temporarily unavailable next night. Reason are The hoster moves our account to another server. Unfortunately, this also has the disadvantage that the IP changes. Between 2 and 6 o'clock.
  • Please do NOT PM me for support. For login data or problems/questions not intended for the public use the "Your private forum".

New Hoster

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
After about 15 years with my current hoster, I am now looking for a new hoster. To the selection:

namecheap (I've been parking domains there for many years)
or
A2 Hosting

both I like (just bought one small package each)

That's funny:
at namecheeap the backend is super fast but the frontpage is a bit lame.
With A2 Hosting it's the other way around. frontpage quite fast, backend lame.

Any of you have any experience with any of the hosters?

McAtze

McAtze

XenForo License
I use namecheap too, but just for domains, mail and ssl. The other stuff is to expensive.

The support at namecheap is very quick and helpfull. For testing i tried the VPS/Reseller but not long enough to say they are the best. For me its just the price.

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
for domains names: namecheap, godaddy, aplus

for hosting dedicated : soyoustart, ovh
VPS hosting: hostgator

Its hard finding hosting most offered too little space, I also dont like shared hosting

so I host my own servers in my apartment because it's free, I have 3 servers, for small websites it's great

S

sbj

XenForo License
For hosting or domains?

For hosting, as you are located in Germany, I can recommend Hetzner. Probably the best hosting service in Europe right now.

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
why is hosting in your own country important. what if they arrest u

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
Who's getting arrested?

For me is hosting in my own country not important today.

For me price performance is important.

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
For hosting or domains?

For hosting, as you are located in Germany, I can recommend Hetzner. Probably the best hosting service in Europe right now.
For hosting.I hadn't thought about Hetzner yet.

McAtze

McAtze

XenForo License
I can recommend Strato. I‘ve been a customer since a couple of years and the price/performance is one of the best.

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
because before I sell product on my website and police come to my house and take my website because is hosted in same country as police

so next time I dont have website in same country
so police come again to my house and yelling me and try take my website but now my website is in other country so they cannot take website in other country

they are so angry and want arrest me, so I run away and I go on boat to new country

now I learn not have same host as country
so sad because i miss my grandma
but my grandma understand and always send me cookie

many countries have bad laws try to arrest everyone

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
In my country you don't get arrested as long as you're good :)

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
it's true, good and follow law

but your country not like me, I try live there before, they say I am bad guy so I cannot stay there long time,