• The website will be temporarily unavailable next night. Reason are The hoster moves our account to another server. Unfortunately, this also has the disadvantage that the IP changes. Between 2 and 6 o'clock.
  • Please do NOT PM me for support. For login data or problems/questions not intended for the public use the "Your private forum".

How to accomplish this?

F

frm

XenForo License

It was one of the selling points for me and I'm not seeing how this can be accomplished.

I have the "Board title" set to "This Forum" in Setup > Options > Basic board information.

For the addon, I put "This Forum - Site.Com" as the "Forum Meta Title". However, the title changes to "This Forum - Site.Com | This Forum".

I'd like the header to be "This Forum" and the title be "This Forum - Site.Com" as it appears in the screenshot.

Maybe a 2.1 Beta 5 issue?

SyTry

SyTry

XenForo License
Hello,

If you want to change the thread title you need to go in your thread :

SEO Tools -> SEO Edit -> Title ;)

Regards, SyTry

Reactions: frm
F

frm

XenForo License
Hello,

If you want to change the thread title you need to go in your thread :
View attachment 4963

SEO Tools -> SEO Edit -> Title ;)

Regards, SyTry
SMH

I didn't realize that was a thread title edit and not the h1 edit on the main forum.

I somewhat setup a CMS with a couple of addons and would like the titles to be:

X Forum | Site.com (while the h1 be "X Forum" only)
X Blog | Site.com
X Something | Site.com

It looks like to change the h1 for X Forum would be to do a PAGE_CONTAINER edit of some kind.

Still a good addon for OG though.

This option should be added in the future...

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
under XF2.1 I can't see any problems.

What exactly doesn't work? I didn't really understand.

Have a look at my examples. The original thread title is "Test".

Now Edit:

After the change, the Title tag and thus the TAB has the new name. The H1 tag remains untouched.

or via the ACP Settings

F

frm

XenForo License
under XF2.1 I can't see any problems.

What exactly doesn't work? I didn't really understand.

Have a look at my examples. The original thread title is "Test".

Now Edit:
View attachment 4966

After the change, the Title tag and thus the TAB has the new name. The H1 tag remains untouched.

View attachment 4965

or via the ACP Settings
View attachment 4968

View attachment 4967
Yes, I didn't realize that was for threads. My bad.

I want to change the h1 for boardtitle on the main forum to something a little more SEO friendly, say "X Forum" so that using your add-on I can make it say X Forum | boardtitle

SiteUrl.Com = Board title, set in ACP->Options->Basic board information->Board title

Board title is used on the main forum index as the h1 tag as well as after | in your plugin

I edited the screenshot where I want to change SiteUrl.com to "Site Forum" on the main forum.

It looks like the only way this is possible is through a template modification though.

McAtze

McAtze

XenForo License
It is very hard to understand what you want to say.

You want to change the TitleTag on the forum_index to something else, but not the BoardTitle?

F

frm

XenForo License
It is very hard to understand what you want to say.

You want to change the TitleTag on the forum_index to something else, but not the BoardTitle?
Yeah. I ended up doing this in PAGE_CONTAINER (because I thought this plugin could do it, but it's still useful for the other stuff):
Code:
 <xf:comment>This will change the board title on forum index to "X Forum" for SEO instead of its set "X.com"</xf:comment> <xf:if is="{$template} == 'forum_list'"> <xf:set var="$h1">X Forum</xf:set> </xf:if> <xf:comment>This will change the title tag on the forum to "X Forum" plus the board title as set.</xf:comment> <xf:if is="{$template} == 'forum_list'"> <title>X Forum | {$xf.options.boardTitle}</title> <xf:else />
Where $xf.options.boardTitle = X.com

As a lot of forums now days are more than just forums, i.e., set up in a "CMS" manner (mine having a blog, classifieds, directory, etc.), having the board title as "X Forum" looks bad on this plugin as the title would be "X Forum | X Forum" (when configured).

X.com is more of the brand that I want to be recognized as. So, having X Forum | X.com, X Directory | X.com, etc. looks much better. But when the board title is set to X Forum, the H1 tag will say X Forum and in SEO2 it takes the boardtitle as well for X Forum | X Forum.

If changing the board title was possible, I'd give the next update 5/5. Right now, 4.8/5 because of the lacking feature. ?

McAtze

McAtze

XenForo License
Your wish is not a function in the actually release of SEO2, but feel free to create a suggestion and link to that thread. Or @au lait move that thread to suggestions. ;)

F

frm

XenForo License
Your wish is not a function in the actually release of SEO2, but feel free to create a suggestion and link to that thread. Or @au lait move that thread to suggestions. ;)
Yeah, I found that out after purchase. The screenshots on Xenforo alluded to being able to change the title of any page, but @au lait made me aware that it's just a thread (with the larger screenshot).

It should be included as a feature, though; so I suppose it's now a suggestion, even though I found a workaround. ;)