• The website will be temporarily unavailable next night. Reason are The hoster moves our account to another server. Unfortunately, this also has the disadvantage that the IP changes. Between 2 and 6 o'clock.
  • Please do NOT PM me for support. For login data or problems/questions not intended for the public use the "Your private forum".

Done Google Structured Data

• Thread starter Disciple of Nagash
  • Start date
D

Disciple of Nagash

XenForo License
Hi,

After installing this addon I've been working on the Google Search Console, and there are various enhancements which it recommends, which this addon (or possibly a different one) may be able to incorporate.

One of the things Google recommends is structured data for a page, as described here: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/intro-structured-data?visit_id=1-636664770855432689-2490108763&hl=en&rd=1

Data presented in this way really helps Google to understand pages, and importantly raise its rankings within Google Search.

There's also some information about Rich Cards, but I haven't looked much into them yet.

Do you think this would be some you could expand the addon to include?

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
I will change it so that this always appears. According to Google, image information is not important.

• When specifying an image as a structured data property, make sure that the image actually belongs to the instance of that type. For example, if you define the the image property of schema.org/NewsArticle.image, the marked-up image must directly belong to that news article.
  • All image URLs must be crawlable and indexable. Otherwise, we will not be able to display them on the search results page.

D

Disciple of Nagash

XenForo License
Interesting, wonder why it doesn't show as an enhancement in the Search Console url inspector?

Just looking through that last picture, is it correct that it is showing the forum/node meta description as the articleBody instead of content from the thread itself?