• The website will be temporarily unavailable next night. Reason are The hoster moves our account to another server. Unfortunately, this also has the disadvantage that the IP changes. Between 2 and 6 o'clock.
  • Please do NOT PM me for support. For login data or problems/questions not intended for the public use the "Your private forum".

Implemented Backlink Checker

D

developr

XenForo License
I have an idea from my previews VB3 link directory. I was free to use (link exchange) but if somebody would like to place a link in our directory, the user was forced to put a backlink on their website. The linkdirectory checked the backlink before the user submited the link in the directory. There was also a cron to check the backlink with notifications for user and admin/mods.

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
i would like this also,

the cron is good for checking because some people are sneaky and remove the link exchage off their website after a day

D

developr

XenForo License
And it should check if the backlink has no rel="nofollow".

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
Backlink Checker is available in next version

In the category can be determined whether left in this category backlinks are mandatory. if so, the code is entered and must be integrated exactly so by the user. Any deviation leads to an error. This also means that the user cannot add a "rel".

Screen_20181128015740.png
Screen_20181128015808.png

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
maybe in the future LD add-on can work with siropu's refferal add-on

referralTools.png

because his add-on works with dbtech credits add-on, and i want to give credits to users who refer members
i will have to make that suggestion in the future but not now, because i haven't bought the credits add-on yet

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
require backlink works great!

but would be great if you added a "bypass backlink check" permission for usergroups
baclink.png

i tried to add a link as an administrator but it says:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Backlink not found. "

D

developr

XenForo License
It would be great if you could implement more options for the backlink check.
  1. Site owners should have the choise to set a specific URL for the backlink.
    Normally they want to add a link to their domain name and put the backlink in a subpage.
  2. The Backlink-Checker should look for a regex instead of a string. Like for your domain it should look for ahref="(http\:\/\/|https\:\/\/)xenmade.com". So it's useless that the site owner can set the backlink html code.

D

developr

XenForo License
Why the site owner have the option to set their own htmlcode for the backlink? It should only be possible to set this fixed value in adminCP. In my old link directory the user have the choice between several format (different banners and textlinks). This could be also a nice option.

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
Why the site owner have the option to set their own htmlcode for the backlink? It should only be possible to set this fixed value in adminCP. In my old link directory the user have the choice between several format (different banners and textlinks). This could be also a nice option.
???He can't. The backlink code is defined in the ACP, in the Category

It would be great if you could implement more options for the backlink check.
  1. Site owners should have the choise to set a specific URL for the backlink.
    Normally they want to add a link to their domain name and put the backlink in a subpage.
  2. The Backlink-Checker should look for a regex instead of a string. Like for your domain it should look for ahref="(http\:\/\/|https\:\/\/)xenmade.com". So it's useless that the site owner can set the backlink html code.
ok

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
View attachment 4812

Here in the second line the user can edit the backlink code.
He can do that. But it doesn't do him any good! This is only a textfield which contains the code. Whether he changes something or not...
Nothing is changed. Only what you enter in the ACP is fact.

D

developr

XenForo License
Ah ok... then you could disable this textfield so the user can mark and copy the code but are not able to "change" it.

Code:
<textarea disabled></textarea>

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
I deliberately did not block this. So that one can copy the text better on all devices.

joey_tbf

joey_tbf

XenForo License
Some users get confused about the code. They tried to edit it or delete it. They don't understand

So i changed the text and color underneath it explaining what to do with the code.

now my users are not confused and understand what to do

you can edit phrase:

ld_backlink_code_explain
Screenshot_2018-12-10_16-41-39.png

here's how mine looks
Screenshot_2018-12-10_16-39-57.png

au lait

au lait

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo License
I have forgotten :eek:. you will get a new version tomorrow